Wednesday 16 February 2011

white lies :)

My brother, Max, recently went down to Birmingham to watch a White Lies concert, of whom I had never heard of, and came back absolutely buzzing from it, he even forced me to sit down and watch a couple of their songs on trusty old Youtube afterwards! And I'm glad he did because I was actually quite impressed :)
Now, with having recently completed a work placement with the infamous NME, I wouldn't blame you for having the impression that I am an avid music follower and listen to all the underground, grungy indie bands, this is wrong, I don't. I am much more of a mainstream follower, I don't have a particluar genre of music that I favour, but i garantee that if it isn't played on the music channels then i probably won't have heard of it.
So you can imagine my surprise when i listened to White Lies, expecting to hate them, that I actually found myself wanting more. So after doing a bit of research on them i found that they are from North Ealing, down South (wont hold it against them JOKE) and have already released 2 albums, called To loose my life...... and Ritual.
Check out Bigger than us on Youtube, without a doubt the darkness of their music is indeed uplifting :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW0yynlDmqQ
Also check out Fairwell to the Fareground
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlmSqyMT0FQ


1 comment:

  1. They were excellent - they had the perfect set of tracks when I went to see them. I knew you would like them!

    ReplyDelete