Saturday 31 August 2013

Our trip to Namsan Tower :)



June was an eventful month, not only had I just arrived back from an amazing holiday in Jeju, but within a couple of weeks Jeff was visiting for the second time!
Whilst he was here I was able to have 4 days off so I jam- packed as much stuff in as was possible. To say it wasn’t stressful and mentally upsetting when some of them didn’t quite go to plan would be a lie, unfortunately Jeff was present for these mini break downs J
The best thing I planned was definitely a trip to Namsan Tower, the weather was lovely, the views were amazing and the food was excellent. The first thing that attracted me to going to Namsan Tower was the fact that it had a Grill Restaurant at the top of it and not only was it greatly reviewed but… it revolved! This way you managed to see a full 360 degree turn of Seoul. It was beautiful. Our Seats were facing the window as our champagne was poured and our 5 courses served.
If you were to have booked a table for the evening the meal set would have been 100,000 Won per person (£60) and with the bubbly we chose being 70,000 Won (£40) the price would have quickly escalated. In England these prices for a nice meal wouldn’t have been a big deal, but in Korea this is considered very pricey, so after playing around on their website I happily discovered that if you went in the day, the exact same meal set was half the price, 50.000Won (£30), I was sold. I initially thought that you were paying these prices due to the extraodinary views the restaurant was able to supply.
I was mistaken.
The food was amazing and each course seemed to get better and better, I will stand by my point that it was the best steak I have ever had in my short 25 years and if that isn’t a good enough recommendation, Jeff, who is four years older than me and has A LOT more experience when it comes to steak eating, agrees with me.  A trip to Namsan tower is not only good for just the food, it is located on Mt.Namsan and offers great Panoramic views pf the surrounding areas. It also has some of the best trails for hikes, I chose to get the cable car up there, and has many great observation decks for pictures. There is also the infamous love locks you can go and see. This is where a couple can buy a padlock, write their names on it, lock it on the fencing around Namsan Tower and throw the key down the mountain. Me and Jeff did not do this but we did a good look at the hundreds…possibly thousands of brightly coloured, elaborately designed locks that surrounded the place. It is also hosts movies, performances and exhibitions. It opened to the public in 1980 and since then has been a major tourist attraction for people visiting Seoul. It was a great day out and I definitely recommend a visit :) 












No comments:

Post a Comment